Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Hospital

Last night we took a tour of the hospital. This is something I didn't really feel like we needed to do, just something that we would fit in if we could. But I must say that taking the tour made me feel really good. We know exactly where to go during different times of day, we got to meet the nurses, see the Labor and Delivery rooms and the Recovery rooms as well as the nursery. All the rooms are really nice, they look almost like hotel rooms. Our tour nurse pointed out that there's a couch that folds out into a bed for Dad, and then I pointed out that Daddy can sleep when Mommy sleeps. And she also showed us how each room has it's own thermostat that MOMMY gets to control, so bring a sweater (or a parka), Mom and Travis!

I also got pre-registered while we were there and that's a bit of a load off also. All the nurses seem really nice and they appear to be flexible about letting your baby "room in," and they said that Dad can pick up and drop off the baby at the nursery pretty much whenever we like during our stay. And I'll also receive a post delivery massage, hell yes!

There's also a Starbucks downstairs in the atrium. Travis noted that we'll probably have to peel my mom out of there a few times a day, like he won't be right next to her downing espressos.

Here's a link to the website of the hospital that we'll be delivering at, ("we'll" ha, that's funny). There are maps, virtual tours of the maternity floor, etc. if anyone wants to come see me!!!

http://www.baptisthealthsystem.com/facilities_ncbh.aspx

And meet my OB, Dr. Evangeline Ramos-Gonzales (don't you just love that name, Evangeline?) She's spunky, and she don't take no sass. Nick and Marie, you'll be glad to know that I'll be in the capable hands of an Aggie. And what makes me feel better is that she's got three kids of her own, so she's been through this before.

No comments: