Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Holidays!

So I made it through the holidays with only some minor swelling of the feet (this is the first time that's happened and I'm contributing it to extra salt in holiday food...like the thirty olive cheese balls that I ate on Christmas Eve. Come on, it's any pregnant girls dream food: salty, crusty, and cheesy, and warm right out of the oven), and a heinous cold that I'm still battling. When your not pregnant, you can medicate yourself with whatever you want and sleep through the sickness. But when you are pregnant you work yourself into a panic when you're in the medicine aisle of Wal-Mart at 12:30 a.m. and trying to decide if the doctor telling you that it's okay to take "Tylenol Cold" means that any of the dozen different Tylenol Cold concoctions are okay. Then finally you break down and call the nurse that's on call that night to ask her, and then feel horribly guilty because you clearly woke the poor woman up.


Other than that we had a fantastic Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve with my family in Corpus and then my mother-in-law, Carla, came down from Lake Charles to spend New Year's with us in San Antonio.

We have taken some time in December to start getting the nursery going. Travis has got the walls painted, the pictures really don't do the color justice. It's the most beautiful rich peacock teal! And we received the crib for Christmas from Travis' very generous mom, and were so excited to get it! (Travis threw his back out that night assembling it...love to say that I had sympathy for the poor guy, but I think my back's been "out" for like the last two months. Is that mean?) And we've got some awesome curtain fabric on the way that's being provided, also very generously, by my other mom-in-law, Candy. It's a very hip and modern pattern of foliage and birds, sort of in a damask style print--white field and gold pattern. We'll be sure and post some pictures when we're finished.






My cousin Libby feels the baby...and is all about it.

No comments: