Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two Things

1. Baby hates Target. No kidding, every time we step foot in that store she starts screaming. Today I walked in, changed her diaper, sat in the little cafe and fed her, so I knew she was set...and she cried anyway.

2. People, especially old ladies, see any kind of blue on your baby, and automatically call it a boy. Ezra will have on a pink onesie, and pink socks...but if she's got a blue pacifier in her mouth, people ask: "He's precious, how old is he?" Here's a scene from our trip to the mall a couple of weeks ago:

[Grandad rests with Ezra on a bench in the mall concourse. Ezra wears a patchwork summer dress with some pink floral, some white eyelet, and some blue stripes. Enter old lady...]

Lady: Oh, how precious! It's a boy?

Grandad: Well, let me put it to you this way, I wouldn't let my grandson wear a dress.


No comments: