Sunday, September 13, 2009

I've Got a Stupid Question...

How do you dress a baby for fall and winter? I've found some stores with some winter clothes on sale and I'd love to go ahead and start picking up a few pieces here and there, but I'm not sure where to start. Now don't get me wrong, I have got some plans for the holiday season and they do include festive dresses, white tights and black patent mary janes. But what do you do for the normal everyday wardrobe? I imagine layers might work, because I'd want to keep baby warm, but be able to pull clothes off to keep her from overheating. And it really never gets too cold down here, so I know I won't need any heavy duty items. Of course convenience is a big deal too, I know the ladies at daycare aren't going to be too happy if I send Ezra to school in tights everyday. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!


For the grandmas:


3 comments:

gothgrannie said...

Oh my...how she is growing, the picture brought tears to my eyes, I just want to hold her!!! Okay, back to your question and it is not a stupid question at all! My suggestion would be to put her in overalls for daycare, especially once she starts crawling, etc., or put long pants under her dress instead of tights...they're easier to change and tights will just get torn up when she is crawling and playing. Little long sleeve T's are good with a sweater & if you have a "cold" day, you can put a little jacket or poncho on top of her sweater, etc.. I have seen the little ponchos before but not sure where...we can search online or even make her one...I would think for the few days of cold weather you guys have that would be perfect for her...especially how fast she's growing. Please give her a big Nonie kiss and hug & blow on her neck for me!

Vicki @ Grams Made It said...

I agree with GothGrannie. Overalls and long sleeve tees are the perfect solution. The other advantage of overalls is that many of them have adjustable straps and will "grow" an inch or two with her. I always dressed you and Nick in the colored corduroy overalls. They're soft, comfy and sturdy. But I wouldn't worry too much about inconveniencing the day care ladies. You pay them enough to put up with whatever you dress her in.

Robin M Anderson said...

This is an easy one because you have a girl!! Jumpers, jumpers, jumpers. Have grams whip you up a couple in yummy corduroy. you can put tights. leggings under, a t shirt and a little cardigan. That way you can add and strip off if needed. Also make them big, so they are a dress and then as she grows it can become a top (some buttons on the straps would help) and then you can pair with leggings and those cute little girl leg warmers!

Something kind of like this http://www.petit-bateau.us/pd/p/1676.html. Except you could do it on the cheap and a much better fabric!

Oh to have a mom that could sew!!

Good luck!