Thursday, February 12, 2009

Burnin' Down the House!

Oh the joys of owning an old house! I woke up this morning and stumbled into "my" bathroom, the one that is not scary and cavernous, and noticed a pretty strong smell of something burning. In my morning stupor I ask my husband if he smells it too, or if it's just my super pregger senses picking up on a brush fire in Helotes. He procedes to tell me that maybe we should just keep the light in the bathroom turned off today because he thinks it has something to do with the old wiring that he was playing with as he was trying to replace the light fixture several nights ago. That's just great. We will certainly have a baby with in approximately 1-9 days. However, our house may burst into flames and we may have to move in with the 'rents. Candy and Doug, if you're reading this, sorry, but you're the closest relatives.

Maybe now's a good time to install those smoke detectors that have been sitting on our kitchen counter for a week.

No comments: