Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's a Girl!

Yeah technology! Last Friday we learned that we are having a baby girl! Mother and mothers-in-law, all your prayers have been answered! Everything still looks really good, I'm either having a big baby or I'm a week further along than they thought. Unfortunately the sonogram photos don't scan well so the picture below didn't come out too great, but she's got a big fat belly and a beautiful profile.
It really was an amazing experience to see her moving around. The doctor's office had just installed a big flat panel television in the sonogram room so we could see everything big and bright. She was very active, flexing her fingers and kicking my bladder, (my full bladder). And unfortunately Travis was stuck sitting in Stone Oak traffic, so he made it right as I was walking out, but both of my parents were with me and I'm so grateful that they were.

It seems like my belly is getting bigger every day, but I still feel great at this point and hopefully that lasts for at least another month. The only weird thing now is that my hips hurt some nights. It helps a little to put a pillow between my knees, but with that, a pillow under the belly, a cat, a dog, and Travis, the bed tends to get a little claustrophobic. I never thought that I'd say this but I would kill for a recliner.

And can I just tell you that I've been shopping for a pair of maternity jeans and it is absolutely ridiculous what they try to charge for a decent pair that are long enough. I tried on at least a dozen today and there was only one pair that fit and they wanted $120. If I'm lucky I could get four months of wear out of them, I can't bring myself to pay that for a pair of non-maternity jeans. The next stop is the Old Navy online store. And if that doesn't work, Billy-Bob's Cover-All Shop.


2 comments:

Vicki @ Grams Made It said...

"June Carter" is going to be beautiful. Heck, she alredy is. Seeing her was amazing. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Anonymous said...

I have a sewing machine, all we need is the right thread and the sturdy needle for jeans. :)
Bri